My Birth Story
FAQ and prices
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does HypnoBirthing® cost?
· Group classes at Stepping Hill Maternity Centre: £200.
· Next classes at Stepping Hill start on Sunday 20th March—Sunday April 17th. Only 8 couples per course so book now to avoid disappointment.
· The following classes will start after Easter and May Bank Holiday on Sunday May 8th—Sunday June 5th and then from Sunday June 12th—Sunday July 10th
· For private classes: with just you and your partner in your own home or my home: £450 for 5 three hour sessions
Why would I pay for classes when I can get free NHS classes? What is the advantage of HypnoBirthing®over other childbirth education classes?
HypnoBirthing® goes way beyond traditional childbirth classes and really makes the parents confident, trusting of the birthing body and become an active part of their birthing experience. You only have to read the testimonials on this website, the HypnoBirthing® UK or US website or even the Facebook page to see how successful the classes are and that HypnoBirthing® really will give you a wonderful birthing experience. Adding to that, ask many midwives who have witnessed a HypnoBirthing. They will tell you that they were like an onlooker watching as the birth unfolded.
As far as the cost is concerned, there are many ways of looking at this:
You’re pregnant for nine months - that’s around 280 days - which
means this course is less 99p per day. Less than the cost of a cup
of tea or coffee in some places…and for that you get:
· the full fifteen hours (often only 12 and a half hours) of thorough child-birth education classes
· your 302-page HypnoBirthing® book
· Your Rainbow relaxation CD
· Your Daily Affirmation CD (both CDs and book worth £24)
· Your course folder that is clear and easy-to-follow and is yours to keep for subsequent pregnancies
· All course handouts
· Visualisation posters
· Relaxation scripts to practise with your partner
· Birth preference sheets
· Birth Prompt Sheet and visual aids for the Birth Partner to use during birth
· You do not need to attend any other programme if you don’t wish to as this really is a complete childbirth education
· HypnoBirthing® techniques to use for subsequent pregnancies which means this course really would cost 50p per day
· The option to bring along a second birthing partner free of charge (Please check before you book )
· Classes delivered by a HypnoBirthing mum who is a qualified teacher of 11 years and support from a midwife with 30 years experience
The most important thing you get with HypnoBirthing®:
· A wonderful, special way for you and your partner to prepare for birth and enjoy the experience
· Peace of mind throughout your pregnancy, knowing that you will be free from fear and looking forward to the birth of your baby
· A relaxed, comfortable, enjoyable, beautiful birth
· You will be relaxed and in control of your birth
· You will be giving your baby the best possible start to life
· Life Skills: many people have commented how the relaxation techniques have changed their lives and have helped with stress-management, fear release and have given them relaxation techniques for life as well as increasing their confidence.
· Quality teaching and learning: as mentioned, you will be taught by myself, a teacher of 11 years. I am up-to-date on current teaching methodologies for effective learning and will give well-resourced, engaging classes. I have been practising relaxation and meditation for the same amount of time and will ensure your relaxation sessions are really effective so that you feel confident in using the techniques yourselves before and during the birth of baby or simply whenever you feel like using them after baby is born.
· 24 hour support from an experienced midwife and a trained HypnoBirthing® practitioner and we really mean that. No matter what time, we will just be at the end of the phone
· If you are planning more babies: you can half or third or quarter that cost, as you can use all the materials again for subsequent births. What is £100 for each baby to come into the world in such a gentle way? You would possibly spend more than that on baby furniture or a pushchair, and, as mums we feel, the birth of our babies is just as, if not more, important than those things.
· Optional Doula Service with a HypnoBirthing Practitioner/Midwife: During your birth, you can opt to have extra support if you wish. Post-birth support also available
Do I have to pay in one instalment?
No you don’t have to pay it all at once.
You can pay a simple, affordable deposit of just £50 to secure your place, and then pay the balance when you come for the course. In fact, I’m so convinced that you will love the classes and feel it is such an important investment for you and your baby, there is no need to find the full amount straight away—we can negotiate instalments if there are any difficulties.
How do I know if HypnoBirthing® works?
When I was pregnant and reading through the literature, I wasn’t sure if it worked either and wanted some assurance if I were to part with £250 just as I was going on maternity leave.
I felt that if I could have an assurance that it worked, I wouldn’t hesitate to pay it as, for me, £250 was definitely worth it, if it meant I could have a relaxed birth and remove my fears.
Reading through the testimonials and speaking to some other mums that have completed the programme, released my doubts. Once you read through them or talk to other mums, you realise that HypnoBirthing® really works and is not just a fluke for one woman or one birth, the techniques produce fabulous, positive birth experiences for women. Just read my birth story and the testimonials on this web-page. If you still need reassurance, just contact me and I will talk you through why this will be the best money you will ever spend on your babies.
Does HypnoBirthing® help the baby too?
Yes. We find that babies born using HypnoBirthing® tend to be calmer, feed better, sleep better and experience less trauma. People often say how contented HypnoBirthing® babies seem to be. I read this myself before the birth of my baby and thought that it could have been hype, that is, until he was born, and people keep saying how contented and happy he is.
What other benefits are there ?
There’s lots, but here’s just a few more. With HypnoBirthing® you can:
· Reduce the length of the first stage of labour by anything from 2 - 4
· Lower the chances of a breech birth by learning how to ’turn’ the
baby into the correct position using posture and self-hypnosis
· Increase your milk flow by using the relaxation techniques you’ll
learn, if you’re planning to breastfeed
· Dramatically reduce your likelihood of suffering from post-natal
depression, because you’ll have had a much calmer and less painful
· Recover physically from the birth much faster, because you haven’t
’wasted’ energy in the process
· Develop the confidence in your own body to aim for a homebirth, if
that is an option you want to consider
How come many people have never heard of HypnoBirthing®?
It’s actually better known than you might think.
HypnoBirthing® couples have been featured on Channel 4’s "Richard and Judy" show (see UK website on my links), and it’s also been on the Discovery Channel, BBC News and website (see links), in Pregnancy & Birth (regularly), Time Magazine (March 2004), the Daily Mail, amongst many others.
However, although I’m one of a growing number of practitioners in the UK currently qualified to teach HypnoBirthing® (The Mongan Method), there’s still not a huge number of us in Manchester and Cheshire, which is why some people may not have come across it before.
What about other hypnosis for childbirth courses?
Yes, there are other hypnotherapists offering various kinds of ‘positive birth’ sessions, but HypnoBirthing® is much more than that. HypnoBirthing® is a complete and thorough birth education programme.
Most other "hypnosis for childbirth" programmes are about teaching you how to ’mask’ the pain. HypnoBirthing® teaches you how, and why, if you’re relaxed, that there doesn’t need to be pain in the first place.
Why learn with Katy and Jean?
Here's a few reasons why you might choose me to teach you:
As mentioned earlier, I am a HypnoBirthing® mum and I attend births too so I know first-hand how these techniques work in practice for the mum and partner - and not just in theory, which is really important
I am a fully qualified teacher with up-to-date teaching methods, fantastic resources and will ensure you will have quality childbirth education classes
I have been practising relaxation and meditation and have taken one-to-one classes for 11 years
I am also a Reiki therapist and have colleagues who can offer other alternative therapies, such as aromatherapy, reflexology and hypnotherapy (if you have any phobias or fears that need to be addressed), Emotional Freedom Technique, osteopathy, if you desire. I’m in contact with local Independent Midwives and Doula services, if required.
Jean is a HypnoBirthing Practitioner and a retired midwife of 30 years, who can give you any relevant advice you need and will support you throughout
Jean and myself will offer you 24-hour phone-support and will be with you at any part of your labour if you desire it and where possible
Does it matter how many weeks pregnant I am?
The sooner you start, the more time you have to practise. We generally say at around 20 weeks or at the earliest when bump has started to show. However, I started at 32 weeks, and had amazing results.
(Mind you - places go very fast so if you want to do this, ring me today. Don’t wait...you might be too late. Classes are small and so places are strictly limited).
What if things don’t go to plan?
Even if you experience any special circumstances (complications) - perhaps needing to be induced, or even if you need a caesarean - you can still benefit greatly from the techniques...by feeling in control of your birth. You will not just feel like birth was ‘done to you’ by someone else in a passive way, you will be taught how to become an active participant in the decision-making and processes of your birthing experience. This means that whatever happens, you will feel that this was the best outcome for you and your baby. You will not be left feeling frustrated or upset or saying, ‘Never Again,’ because you will understand the processes of your birth and why things unfolded as they did.
I can’t promise you a ‘perfect’ birth - no one can - but I can promise you a much, much more comfortable, satisfying and relaxed birth than you would have had otherwise.
HypnoBirthing® techniques do require commitment and practice - but the end result is definitely worth it.
Where and when are HypnoBirthing® antenatal classes held?
The HypnoBirthing® antenatal classes run as five 3 hour sessions, one per week .
For individual, private classes, they are taught either in your own or my home at a time that is convenient for you and your partner.
For group classes: they are held mainly in South Manchester at the moment. Classes at Stepping Hill Birth Centre/Hospital are held on Sunday and begin at 1pm.
Due to demand classes are to be offered in various locations around Manchester , such as Hale, and Tameside in the near future. You’ll enjoy a relaxing and comfortable environment for your classes, with between six and eight couples.
A great benefit from attending the group classes is that you get the support and encouragement of the other expectant mums and dads. Many of the couples become good friends and stay in touch long after the course has finished.
What do I do now? You MUST act now to secure your place!! Yes! I’m ready to enjoy childbirth!
There’s a very limited number of spaces. Once we hit eight couples on each course, that’s it. No more. You’ve missed your chance.
Don’t wait - you’ll be too late! The only way to secure your place is to contact me TODAY.
To ask about being on the next class, please e-mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org for enrolment form and further details. If you want to speak to me first, then just give me a call on 07905 952 611 or 07941 903008. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. I wish you all the best with your birth and look forward to seeing you in class.